Resources & Services
The Mackinac Economic Alliance strives to strengthen the business culture in Mackinac County, working towards job creation, increased educational opportunities, and entrepreneurial spirit. Our services achieve these goals through a variety of strategies.
We connect people to the businesses, resources and information they need to grow.
We identify and bring together stakeholders, from governmental representatives, to business leaders, to neighbors of large projects and local hobbyist groups. Through workshops and event planning we help our partners achieve their goals.
The MEA also provides grant writing, visioning plans, research and data collection services for private and public entities alike. We have been instrumental in the area of site selection and continue to identify Brownfield and other potential sites for growing businesses.
For industrial, agricultural and commercial enterprises, Mackinac County is ripe for development, and the Mackinac Economic Alliance can aid in your site selection, planning, and financing efforts.
MEA’s Services Include:
- Matching local employers with employees;
- Assessing employer needs and determining the best way to meet those needs;
- Site selection services
- Community visioning plans
- Business support for Start-ups and expansions
- Grant writing services to area municipalities and chambers of commerce
- Seeking new workforce training opportunities